Herons in the Snow
This pattern is based on Ohara Koson drawing.
The birds’ legs, beaks, and eyes are embroidered with duplicate stitch afterwards. Only two colors are used when knitting; you’ll need about 50 g. (200 m.) of each color.
Colored spots on the thumbs and palms are embroidered with duplicate stitch.
My special thanks to Craftzone, Mitt, and LoopyKnitter @ Ravelry for the photos.
- 300 - 350 meters of fingering-weight yarn
- 2mm (US size zero) short circular needles
- stitch holders (optional)
- tapestry needle and yarn for embroidery
- 36 stitches and 40 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork, knit in the round
- the mittens are 72 sts aound palm. Finished size depends on gauge
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.