Gates of Moria
This pattern is based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s drawing that was also used in Peter Jackson’s movie. According to the book, the Gates are only visible under the moonlight; that’s why I used light yarn on dark background for the first sample pair (and that’s how the pattern is charted). However, you can also knit it dark on light, just like in the Tolkien’s drawing.
For other LOTR - related patterns, also check these:
Tree of Gondor
- 300-350 meters of fingering-weight yarn
- 2.0 - 2.5 short circular needles
- stitch holders (optional)
- 36 stitches and 40 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork, knit in the round. The gauge above is for small size only.
- size depends on gauge. Mittens are 68sts. around the hand part.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.