This pattern is inspired by Russian folk art Gorodets . Authentic colors for Gorodets are: black for the horse, primary bright for the flowers, and beige-to white for the background, but you don’t have to limit your choice to those colors. The last picture shows just a few examples of how this pattern might look in non-authentic colors . The PDF has lots of pictures and an extra variant with a slightly different pattern on the mitten top.
Photos by Mitt, Strkkeheggland and Onthetide @ Ravelry.
- 250 - 300 meters of fingering-weight yarn
- 2mm (US size zero) short circular needles
- stitch holders (optional)
- 32 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork, knit in the round
- the mittens are 64 sts around. Finished size depends on gauge
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.