Russian folk art -inspired design. Birds and horses are very common in Gorodets art.
For color ideas, please see my other Gorodets pattern.
Contrasting-color braid or braids can be added between the cuff and the rest of the mitten. Please check my free Braided trim pattern for a full tutorial on how to do braids.
The sample on the picture was knitted with Teksrena wool using Addi Turbo size 0, and measure 10.5 X 27.5 cm after washing.
Photos by Strkkeheggland and Kulabra @ Ravelry.
- 250 - 300 meters of fingering-weight yarn
- 2mm (US size zero) short circular needles
- stitch holders (optional)
- 32 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork, knit in the round
- the mittens are 64 sts around. Finished size depends on gauge
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.