It’s called lynx, although it doesn’t strictly belong to a lynx family. The name caracal is a derivative from Turkish karakulak which means black ears.
The mittens are 64sts. wide, and can be knit with either fingering (for S/M size) or sport-weight yarn (for larger size). A few stitches on cat’s face are embroidered with duplicate stitch. Photos and sample pair by Mitt.
- 300-350 meters of sport- or fingering-weight yarn
- 2.0mm - 2.5mm short circular needles
- stitch holders (optional)
- 30 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork (for size small), knit in the round
- the mittens are 64 sts around palm. Finished size depends on gauge
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.