Out all of my patterns with modular stars, this one knit the fastest. It only takes four modular elements to make this pair of mitts. And because there are no fingers to knit (well, there are two thumbs!), the rest goes quite easy.
The zigzag pattern on the cuffs lets you introduce the second color to play around selfstriping stars.
-decreases& increases; in-the-round knitting; short rows.
- 20g (80m) of selfstriping sock yarn (like Vesper sock or Quaere fibers);
- 40g (160m) of solid fingering-weight yarn (shown brown);
- 10g (40m) of solid fingering-weight yarn for the stripes (shown white);
- 2.5mm circular needles with metal tips for the stars, and 2.0mm circular needles for the top and bottom for better fit;
- tapestry needle to weave in ends;
Gauge: With fingering-weight yarn and 2.5mm needles, one star measures 10-11cm across. The rest of the mitts made with 2.0mm needles have gauge of 30sts X 38rows in 10cm. You can still use just 2.5mm needles for all elements in the pattern if you wish.
Size: Mitts measure 1