Inspired by Hiroshige's 38 Views of Mount Fuji.
The PDF has complementary seamless panoramic chart that can be used for hats or sweaters. The chart is 63 st. wide.
I modified the pattern a little after knitting the first sample pair, - it turned out too long, and I omitted the cuff with the wave. The wave chart, however is still in the file, and you can add it to your mittens if you want to.
The result is well worth the effort; but this pattern is challenging to knit due to long yarnfloats. You will need to wrap yarns on the wrong side of your work every 2-3 stitches to avoid tension problems. Left mitten require some duplicate stitch embroidery around the mountain but there's only a few stitches.
Photos by Craftzone and Kulabra @ Ravelry.
- 300-350 meters of fingering-weight yarn
- 2mm (US size zero) short circular needles
- tapestry needle
- stitch holders (optional)
- 36 stitches and 40 rows = 4 inches in stranded colorwork (for size small), knit in the round
- the mittens are 66 sts aound palm.Finished size depends on gauge
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
You will receive this pattern as a digitally downloadable PDF. Due to the nature of the product, downloadable patterns are not returnable or refundable. All sales are final.